Sunday, August 5, 2007

Maiden Voyage - Technical Advise Week #1

Mabel's Tech Advise for the Week:
"Have meaning and purpose and don't allow complacy to rule"

Hi I'm Mabel (Fawn Colored Beauty). Dad says that "I'm Cranial" because I study things, whether it be the TV or human behavior. I get great joy from acting out of the ordinary. Take for example Cows & Horses (not to be confused with the Agile Pig & Chicken parody). On a good day I don't usually give much care to cows as they go about their business being productive. Horses on the other hand really aren't much good for anything, with the exception of entertainment for humans. There was a time when they had a purpose but as with many things in life matters changed and their purpose was severely deminished. The lack of meaningful purpose seems absurd to me (why would they allow themselves to become obsolete?). There seems to be allot of similiarities to software, and even American free enterprise. Not only has the importance been allowed to slip by but now we face a meaningless existance.

Max's Tech Advise for the Week:
"Commitment, Dedication and Search of Excellence is for You Alone"

Hi I'm Max (Black Stealth Manly Beast!). My sole purpose in life is to please and I especially enjoy making Dad happy. Each time he comes home from making a living for us and putting food in my dish, I meet him with a prized possession. No matter how late, he smiles and gives me a pat of approval. Mabel would probably say that I'm like that horse she is now lamenting about. But I do have purpose, I am goal oriented and focused. Not every beast retains focused and builds a base of dependability. Consistency is my game and reliability is my fame! Technologists love talking the talk but when it comes to walking the walk... well even I shine above the consistent and reliable commitment that is necessary for producing world class systems/software solutions.

No comments: