Saturday, September 29, 2007

Technical Advise Week #9 - Focused Intensity

Hi! As we lay on the bed contemplating the day and enjoying a bit of mindless entertainment in the form of Buba the Elephant we started to think about our topic for the week. I must admit that Max wasn't concentrating too hard as he was reveling in Dad's late night arrival. Then all of a suddenly it come to me.... focus, attention, intense, and study. It was then that I realized that although my mind was in several places that my visual focuses was acutely attuned to several things around me. I then started to think of ways that I could experiment with all of this. So I told Max to do various distracting things in totally a random fashion. We all know that this wasn't a hard job for him. As the rush of random experiences bombarded me I started to make a note of what things influenced by focus. It wasn't the distraction or the antics, but rather it was the forces caused by audio variances. Whether low and subdued, or loud and crazy it had virtually the same effect on my ability to be acutely aware of a number of things going on around me. These ranged from the actual act of watch/observing, to those surrounding events that were perceivable in a attentive way.

We realize that the world is one big source of information. In our quest for answers, the answers may actually be right in front of us, but the distractions (noise) numb our ability to pick up on these things. Projects require allot of things to occur and yet failures, despite pragmatic process, involve the act of focused intensity in order to reduce occurrence likelihood. So... listen beyond the noise of events and revel in what you become keenly aware to.

No comments: